Saturday, July 25, 2009

Shopping, Hold the Guilt: Plato's Closet


First of all, before you judge me as being an old, miserly lady, allow me to explain: I am a 23 year old graduate student who is obsessed with the typical girly addictions. I love OPI nail polish, salivate over expensive handbags, and could clothing shop as a profession.

Thank the Lord for Plato's Closet!

Plato's Closet is a chain of nation-wide stores that specializes in buying gently used, name brand clothing, and selling that clothing for a fraction of the original price. Not only could you sell your clothes for cash, but I strongly recommend doing a lot of shopping here, as well. They carry brands from Mossimo and Forever 21, to Juicy Couture and Seven for All Mankind. They have clothing for guys and girls, preferably teens to young adults.

Wanna know my top 5 favorite clothing finds at Plato's Closet?

1) Michael Kors black wedges ($12)
2) ADORABLE red and pink Puma sneakers ($18)
3) 3-- yes, 3!-- Lacoste polos ($14 for the first, then $5 for the other two)
4) Jessica Simpson brand-new brown pumps ($8)
5) About 20 different dresses from Express, never costing more than $10 each

As you can see, it's a great way to find cute clothes for cheap. I always find something fabulous and different than the last time I went in. Check out www.platoscloset.com for more information.

P.S. If you can, go to the ones in bigger cities: they will generally have more clothes to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment