Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sephora Swap: Use This, Not That!


VS.
I will be the first to admit that one of my addictions is makeup. I could spend hours grazing through Sephora stores! Unfortunately, until I graduate from grad school and have an actual salary, I cannot yet afford the luxuries that are contained in those glorious white-and-black striped bags (sigh). However, I have occasionally lost to my temptation and bought expensive cosmetics, only to realize that they are just as good (if not worse) then your average drugstore/Walmart/Target brands.

And so, for this week's Sephora Swap....

Lorac Lotsa Lash mascara vs. Max Factor's 2000 Calorie Mascara


Lorac Lotsa Lash mascara is available for $19.50 at Sephora and online at Sephora.com and Amazon.com. It comes in two shades (black and brown), and claims to enhance the look of lashes by depositing tiny microfibers from the mascara onto your lashes.

Max Factor's 2000 Calorie Mascara sells for $4.99 in drugstores, Walmart, Target, and similar retailers. You can also find it online at drugstore.com and on Amazon.com. It comes in 4 colors (rich black, soft black, black-brown, and deep auburn), so there is more variety. It goes on smoothly, and is hypoallergenic.

THE WINNER: Max Factor's 2000 Calorie Mascara. I was very disappointed by Lorac Lotsa Lash's mascara. I was expecting dramatic results, and ended up with lashes that were not as long or thick, and were also very flaky from the micro fibers. Additionally, the mascara brush was so large that it made the mascara nearly impossible to put on. I have been using Max Factor's 2000 Calorie Mascara ever since I heard about it's popularity, and I must say that it makes my lashes look thicker, fuller, and longer more so than Lorac's Lotsa Lash. For 1/4 of the price, it exceeds its Sephora counterpart.

P.S. By the way, go for the darkest black color of mascara you can find. It will really make your eyes pop.



No comments:

Post a Comment